Monday, March 3, 2008

Crunch


Ouch!

Robby and I were stopped on the 15 freeway Friday night and were hit in the back by 2 other cars.

Right before we got hit, we'd enjoyed a nice dinner and a movie. It was 9:30pm and we were discussing how early it was and how we could watch another movie in our hotel room cause it was so early! We were waiting in a backed up line to exit the freeway when we heard a crash behind us. There was a few seconds of pause and relief where Robby and I thought we'd missed the accident and then BAM!!! The Tahoe that hit the Civic that hit our Accord, both cars had their airbags deployed but we were able to drive our car after the accident!

Our Honda sustained a substantial amount of damage. The Insurance assessor came today and said there's $3,200- worth of damage and until the body shop gives a final estimate, we're not sure if the car will be "TOTALED" or not. Either way, we're thankful to have not sustained any injuries other than whiplash and that our kiddos were safe at home, and not in the back seat!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Rebecca: I still can't get over the fact that a park ranger had to come to your rescue. As a former Temecula resident, I am just mortified by that. I'm so glad you guys are OK!

Chiara said...

I'm so glad you are all okay! Accidents are not fun, but it was so great, as you said, that your kiddos weren't in that back seat . . .

cheyenneandalison said...

I'm so thankful you and Robby are ok. Praise the Lord! I'm so glad it did ruin your weekend and you did make it safely home after as well!