Thursday, February 28, 2008

Leaving the kiddos!

This weekend, Robby reserved us two nights @ the Temecula Creek Inn! Our church is hosting it's annual marriage retreat there! We are so excited to go but I find myself a little timid!

My Mom (who raised four kids) is coming to our home to watch our two kids! This will be the first time I've left Christian overnight and, we've never stayed away from Abby for 2 nights! As I'm writing up their schedules for my Mom, I'm already beginning to miss them :) I know they'll be in great hands! I'm just nervous!

I know too that these "feelings" I feel aren't right. The worry, fear, anxiety, timidity, nervousness, these aren't from the Lord.

Matthew 6:34 says (and I'm going to post it in a few different translations)
Do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (NASB)

"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself" (NIV)


This whole passage talks about how God provides for and meets all our needs and that I can trust in Him that all things will be taken care of :)

If you want to say a prayer that Abby and Christian will be on their best behavior for Grammy and that Robby and I will have an awesome time investing in our marriage while we're gone, that'd be awesome! Prayers are always appreciated!

Pastor Mike reminds us all the time that, our spouses should be our first priority over our children. Usually, kids grow up and move out. It's the spousal relationship that lasts.

PS After putting this post up, I checked on Abby. She'd gotten into my purse and put Mommy's lipstick on ;) This is not the first time I've left Abby unattended where she's put on Mommy's makeup. A few weeks ago she coated her eyes with mascara!


3 comments:

Shannon said...

Rebecca, I will pray that the kids have a great time with your mom and that you and Robby are able to relax and have fun this weekend. Mike and I are looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend (and tonight).

Abby's pictures are too funny. They remind me of the time my niece got into my sister-in-law's purse and painted everything but her eyeballs black with mascara!

Chiara said...

I relate only too well! They will be great. Abby will cherish helping grammy and getting to be a little mom helper to Christian.
Enjoy your time with Robby! It will probably be a long time again before you get time like this alone, so treasure each moment. I'll be praying for you all!

cheyenneandalison said...

Abby is hilarious!!! Girls will be girls!!! I'll be praying for the munchkins as well as you this weekend!!! I hope you and Robby have such a great weekend! We're much looking forward to being at the marriage retreat too! See you there!!!