Tuesday, February 26, 2008

WOW! What a birthday!!!!!

Gosh, where do I begin!?!

Hmm, let's start with Saturday! Our Thrive Small Group met at Chuck E. Cheese for our monthly get together :) Our friends the McCrorys brought my favorite dessert, Trader Joe's Cheesecake (with chocolate to top it off)! We also had a gift of free pizza and tokens from our friends the Larsons! Our whole group sang happy birthday! We had such a fun time running around playing games, switching tables, and talking!

Saturday evening we had the opportunity to visit Robby's Mom. She was in Garden Grove for a teacher's conference so we drove up to Mainplace Mall and met her for dinner :) We were able to go back to the Hyatt and the kids got to play with "Mimi" in her hotel room! I got to open my present, a cute green top, some nice flower petal soaps and comfy white slippers!

Monday night, our family drove to see my family in Manhattan Beach. My Mom had made potato cheese soup and turkey sandwiches for dinner with carmel cake for dessert! I received a bunch of sentimental gifts, including a snowflake pin that was my grandmothers. I also got 2 cute movies, "Mr. Mom" and "Baby Boom"!

My gifts from Robby and the kids were a complete shock! First, a gift from Robby. "Phantom Of The Opera" tickets that are in row H of the orchestra! It's coming to the Orange County Performing Art Center! Then, from the kids :) Premium Disneyland Passes!!! I was SO surprised! I wasn't expecting either of these gifts!!!

Today is my actual birthday! I had a lot of fun celebrating today! :) I met some girlfriends for playtime at the Mall and lunch! Chiara brought chocolate cupcakes!!! I was even blessed with gifts, a sweet smelling candle, some nummy lip gloss, cute notepad and post its, a Busy Mom's Guide to Bible Study book and an Olive Garden gift certificate!!!

Then, Robby came home early from work and we took the kids to Disneyland and Rain Forest Cafe! This is my absolute favorite place to go with Robby :) We always have a blast! We'd had passes for 2 years prior to the kids being born. It used to be a weekly date night for us, listening to the violinist play while we enjoyed Italian food @ Naples. Abby's favorite ride, Tea Cups! She also wasn't too big of a fan of the gorillas at Rain Forest. She ended up eating her entire dinner and dessert sitting on Mommy's lap! Christian slept through the entire "rain storm"!!!

It's now 10-! Both kids are asleep and I've been able to listen to voicemails, emails, instant messages and myspace messages from girlfriends and family and received cards in the mail. Today, I'm just feeling so blessed, special and loved by SO many! Thank you so much for making my 27th birthday SO special!

Thanks to:
Robby, Rosemary, Robby's grandparents, my Mom and Dad, Robby's Mom, Holly, Aunt Julie, Chiara, Laura, Alycia, Rachel, Carrie, Megan, Paula, Meg, Lindsey, Kana, Jen T., Lori, Katy & James :)

This weekend should be awesome too as Robby reserved us 2 nights at the Temecula Creek Inn for our church Marriage Retreat! My Mom is coming to watch the kids for the 3 days we'll be gone :) Thank you Mom and Robby! :) This will be our first time leaving Christian overnight and, we've never left Abby for 2 nights! This should be a fun new experience for our family! :)


6 comments:

Chiara said...

I'm so glad you had a happy birthday, Rebecca! You're an awesome friend, and you do so much for others. It's nice to see you on the receiving end . . .

Diane said...

Sounds like a great birthday! I am glad that you had a good birthday and Disneyland passes- who could ask for a better present :) Have a great day.

Shannon said...

Happy birthday, Rebecca! It sounds like you had a blessed day. Your kids are great gift shoppers :)

Tall Tale of a Teacher! said...

Happy Birthday!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Rebecca!!!!
I am so glad to read/hear how blessed your special day was.

The Stephens Family said...

I am glad you had a happy birthday. I wish I could have come and celebrated it with you. I can not wait to go to Disneyland with you.