Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sad




In the past week, 2 young actors have died of apparent drug overdose. These were guys my age, who I grew up watching in films like "Tom and Huck" and "First Knight". Heath Ledger, age 28, has a 2 year old little girl. I think about how sad it'll be for his little girl not to grow up knowing her father. Brad Renfro was 25.

News like this makes me sad. How there's something inside all of us that's missing, that's longing for completion. These guys turned to drugs instead of to Jesus. :(

1 comment:

Chiara said...

I get really sad too thinking that in the instant they died, they had the horror of realizing who God is and what they missed in life--forever. It actually gave me a new impetus to be more bold with the gospel--people we think would never want to hear might be the ones who would be most ready to hear the good news!