Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Spring Cleaning a little early! :)

I'm on a mailing list for a church in Aliso Viejo (it's right off of Alicia near Crown Valley?) that donates used children's clothes to families who are in need. Below is an email I got from her, requesting items! I try to hand down most of Abby/Christian's clothes but they also accept items like formula, wipes, antibacterial lotion, whatever families can spare for other families! I'll post the email below! It's called "Kids' Closet"

I keep a Huggies box in Abby's room and when the kids grow out of something, in the box it goes! They are great for holding things and less flimsy than a bag!

This has prompted me to take all my maternity clothes out too and start sorting through the pre-pregnancy clothes I own! Looks like I'll be going to Goodwill this week too!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you up for a challenge?

See if you can fill a bag with your kids' too small clothes and shoes (infant to size 14). Start simple - do one drawer (or if they're big enough, have them help you).

Bring that bag, just one, to Kids' Closet at 30071 Ivy Glenn Dr 92677 (LNPC parking lot)

The reason I'm challenging you is because yesterday a Head Start preschool director came and "shopped" for several families in Buena Park.
Our stock is nearly wiped out, praise God! We have helped so many families have a blessed Christmas season.
At the same time, we ought to fill it for the other families who are still in need and who are still finding us.

Please, don't wait until your ENTIRE kids' clothes have been sorted through. We need clothes now. Do a little at a time.

No comments: