Monday, December 10, 2007

God did it! What an answer to prayer!

God totally answered my prayer in so many ways this morning! When the alarm went off, Robby and I both got up! I slept from 11- till 6-, the first time in weeks that I've gotten a full 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep! Christian slept from 8:15 till a little after 6- but I was able to do my full Bible study homework completely uninterrupted! Then, I was able to pray through my notebook while my hand kept Christian's bottle in his mouth! What an amazing time with the Lord today! Robby and I have both been so encouraged! He wants us to do this again tomorrow! I just had to post this! That's the first time Christian has slept ALL night! Praise God! Please just continue to pray that we'll continue to get up! :)

A lady at Thrive a few weeks ago was talking about how we have our ideals on how our "quiet time" should be. For myself, I like it quiet, no distractions, just God and I on the couch with my Bible and prayer notebook. With 2 kids in the house and a husband, that doesn't happen! She told us that God meets us wherever we are, He's just happy we took the time, He just wants us. :) Just thought I'd pass that on!

4 comments:

Chiara said...

Good job, Christian, and good job, Rebecca! I also was pleasantly surprised this morning when Carter slept until 6:30--he's been getting up around 5 to 5:30 since he had the stomach flu a week ago. I love the new picture at the top of your blog!

Shannon said...

I really enjoyed the choir yesterday, Rebecca! You did a great job! How awesome that you were able to get up this morning and have your quiet time like you set out to do! I'm so glad I have young moms like you to look to as an example when it's my turn :)

Kelly @ The Nourishing Home said...

What a great encouragement to read that God meets us where we are and that we shouldn't wait for everything to be just the way we'd like it to be, but to just forge ahead and commit to spending time with the Lord. Thanks for your wise advise!!

The Stephens Family said...

I am soooo jealous. I wish Mason did not have his stomach issue so he would sleep past 5am.