Friday, February 8, 2008

AMAZING WEEK!!! :)



Ok, I'm too excited to go to sleep right now SO I thought I'd catch up on my blogging! Wow, it's been a while! A lot has been going on!

First off, I'll start with tonight! Our church marriage group (Thrive) hosted a FREE babysitting night! For 3 hours, these couples watched our kids at the church so other couples could go on a date night! Robby and I went to a movie for the first time since November 23rd! It's also been our 3rd date since Christian was born (he'll be four months old on Sunday!)! This was SUCH a fun night, getting out with Robby to see a romantic comedy :) Abby had a BLAST too! She did not want to leave her class when we came to pick her up!

In other news, last Saturday, (02/02) Robby and I celebrated our 6th year of being married! He made reservations at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse! We'd never been before and it was AWESOME! The steaks are served on a 500 degree plate so that each bite of your steak stays warm! The server makes sure that any extraneous dish or utensil you're finished using is removed from the table immediately. The person that seats us, greeted us by name! Robby made our reservation on Tuesday and the earliest dinner time slot available was 8:30! it was SO nice! They also gave us a complimentary dessert :) The cheesecake with fresh berries was so good, it made my mouth water! I had to close my eyes and saver EACH bite! I brought that dessert home and enjoyed it again!!!

My sister Rosemary has been in town visiting from Germany! We enjoyed getting together numerous times over the past few weeks! I planned a surprise dinner get together with some friends of ours from High School. It was fun reminiscing and being together again!

My brother Phil turned 20 this week! For the first time since last January, my entire family got together. All my siblings and both my parents were present. With my brother being away at school in Michigan and then my sister living in Germany, it's been difficult getting us all in the same place at the same time! Rose and Phil were both home in October but my Dad was still in the hospital. Then, Nathan and Rosemary were here in July but Phil was in school. I got a group picture of all of us.

The kids are still enjoying their new beds! I included some recent pics of them! Christian LOVES this glow worm toy! It sings and it's face lights up! He sleeps with it every night! Abby has to have her 2 bobo's (blankets)! It's neat cause each of these items came from a set of grandparents and our kids LOVE them! (Glow worm from Millsaps, blankets from Archibalds) Both kids go to the Dr's on Monday for their well check ups! Christian will be getting his 4 month shots :(

We have a busy month ahead of us :) Robby and I are leaving the kids with my Mom for 2 days to attend our Church Marriage Retreat! This will be the longest the two of us have ever been away from either of them! Also, my 27th birthday is coming up :) Stay tuned....

3 comments:

Seagers said...

Glad you posted again. Since I feel like we don't get to catch up to often (so sad), I love checking in to see what you've been doing and how God has been blessing you!

Chiara said...

That is a fun week! It is amazing what little breaks in the routine can do for one's spirit. The pictures you posted are great!

Shannon said...

Wow! You guys have a lot going on. The kids were SO much fun on Friday night. When I was holding Christian a fast-paced kid's song came on the CD player and I seriously think he started bobbing to the beat. I think he might have some of Robby's musical talent. And Abby was so much fun--she is so busy!