Tuesday, November 6, 2007

What to blog about?

It's been a while since I wrote. A lot has been happening, where to start?

Last Tuesday, which was a whole week ago, we had plans to visit my family in LA. Monday night, my Dad was taken via ambulance back to the hospital. He was released today is home and already back working in the office! Robby and I still decided to take the kids up to Manhattan Beach after my brother called saying he missed me :) He's been in school in Michigan the last six months. Rosemary also was flying home to Germany on Wednesday so this was our last opportunity to say goodbye to her. We had a fun time hanging out at my parents house catching up and visiting. Rose also came to visit the Friday before and played with Abby. There are some cute pics of the two of them laughing!

Well, Halloween was almost a week ago! The Millsap family dressed as the cast of Star Wars! We attended our church Fall Fest where an estimated 4,000 people came! It was a lot of fun! There was a giant slide, a hay maze, a train ride, booths, free Carl's Jr. and a bunch of our friends!

Friday night was Thrive activity night where we enjoyed a night of free babysitting! The group played Jeopardy and we had fun socializing with adults!

This Saturday we took Christian to the Irvine Spectrum! It was nice to be able to get outside in the fresh air! Most of the smoke from the fires has cleared. Abby road the carousel with her Daddy, Robby and I got some new clothes and then the four of us enjoyed a delicious lunch at Corner Bakery (thank you Travaglias)!

I made it to church this Sunday with both kids in tow! This was the earliest I've had to be out of the house without Robby's help! It was down to the wire, 8:35 and I couldn't find Abby's shoes! A quick call to Robby's cell and we were able to track em down! He even came out to the parking lot to help unload the double stroller, 2 kids, 2 backpacks, purse and Bibles! We had 10 minutes to spare! By myself, it takes about 6 minutes so it was nice to have help!

Monday night, I joined the church Christmas Choir. We'll perform 2 special music songs December 8th and 9th! I was excited to see some people I knew there too! (Karen and Julie!) Yey! Robby was so sweet, committing to take care of the kids every Monday for the next month! He's really been encouraging me to get out more!

Ok, that's all I have time for right now! Christian calls :)

2 comments:

Chiara said...

What fun pictures! It must have taken you forever to download these. I love the pictures of your family at Fall Fest. Thanks for sharing!

Seagers said...

I am so proud of you for getting both kids to church. Wow, I have enough of a struggle getting Chase there!
And, I can't wait to hear you sing!