Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Good verse for me to remember

Philippians 2:14-15 says (New International Version)
Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe.

The Message Bible Translations says it this way:
Do everything readily and cheerfully- no bickering, no second-guessing allowed! Go out into the world uncorrupted, a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society. Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God. Carry the light0giving Message into the night so I'll have good cause to be proud of you on the day that Christ returns. You'll be living proof that I didn't go to all this work for nothing.

Thinking about the last couple of posts I've done, I feel like I've complained in them. So, if you're wondering what happened to my posts, I deleted them! I'm sorry for grumbling. I really need to work on my attitude, my negativity and my responses. Friends, hold me accountable to this! :) Thanks for all the comments on my posts too! Keep em coming!

2 comments:

Chiara said...

It's so easy to vent, especially when we are frustrated to tears! I had a bad experience with Disneyland guest relations this morning and I called Ryan in tears after I was basically called a liar by a supervisor. I wondered the whole morning if I handled myself correctly--I never raised my voice, I didn't get mean . . . It is such a fine line between complaining an injustice and knowing when to let go so your witness isn't tarnished. I am sure, more often than not, I complain or defend any injustices in prideful sin--when I could basically let it go in sacrificial humility. We can hold each other accountable on this!

Shannon said...

Rebecca,
As a word of encouragement to you, I do want to let you know that your last post had a lot of redemptive value to it because you talked about an area where you realized you needed to grow--taking help from other people. Sometimes stories that illustrate those points in other people's lives are the best portrait of encouragement for those of us reading them :) So don't be too hard on yourself as you are working through this. But I'm right there with you trying not to be so negative too.