Thursday, April 10, 2008

For everyone 29 and under!

Did that title line catch your attention? The following statistics a girlfriend of mine sent me and I seriously couldn't sleep until I posted this for all of my friends to read. It really makes you reevaluate! I know I'm 27 and fall under the category of being "saved" in High School. Please, take a few minutes to read below.

My girlfriend Shannon (she's on my myspace top 8) and also on my friends links on the right under Primicerio) is a Christian author/speaker to teenage girls. She wrote this on her blog this week and it really had an impact on me.
It's 1:25am and this just kept running through my mind! :)

I'll list the statistics that really hit me first, then you can read her post!

61% of young adults who attended church as a teen become completely spiritually disengaged during their twenties.

Only 20% of young adults who attended church in their teen years remain spiritually active by the age of 29.

http://yourmomentisnow.com The post is Debunking the teenage alter call

Please take a few moments to read it!

1 comment:

Chiara said...

Such a good post during a time when our church is focusing on genuine salvation. There are so many "Christians" out there who believe they were saved at youth group and have no fruit or real hope. However, there are people who really DO become Christians in high school, as Shannon points out . . . I think we ALL have to work out our salvation with fear and trembling and make sure our lives, fruit and attitudes reflect a NEW PERSON with God as Lord! Repentance and Faith is the right formula with fruit and good deeds as a natural outpouring of a redeemed heart!