Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hobbies anyone?

Robby and I had a big talk last night about Mommy getting some time off! My outlet these days is my kids. A Mothers work is never done. My job is not a 9:00 am to 5:00 pm job. Robby really saw how busy the day is when he had both kids on Monday! There are dishes to keep up with, 2 kids diapers and clothes to change, plus the general upkeep of the house to consider. What do Mom's do for a break? My kids won't always be home with me. I need to find some hobbies. I have girlfriends that run and swim, I have girlfriends that go to the gym. I have girlfriends that read. I'm looking for a hobby. Any suggestions? :) What do other Moms do?

This weekend, I get to go out for a Pamper Mom Day! Robby had purchased a spa gift certificate last year for Christmas and I haven't used it yet! I thought, OH, I'll use it after Abby's birthday. OH, I'll use it when we get back from Paris! OH, I'm pregnant, I'll use it once the baby arrives! Christian is now two months old and it's time to cash it in! Also, my savvy internet skills found a great bargain too where I can get a manicure, pedicure, haircut and 1 hour massage for the use of my gift certificate! Awesome :) Looking forward to Sunday! ;)

6 comments:

Chiara said...

I have a spa gift certificate from last Christmas too. Ryan has been on me to use it too! I just forget . . . Good for you for using it! I've started doing some sewing--easy placemat purses right now. I think this will be fun and helpful if I ever get better. I know a lot of moms do scrapbooking or cardmaking. Blogging, of course, is a fun hobby--there just never seems time. I do go to the gym, but I think that is more of a "have to do" than a hobby. : )

Tall Tale of a Teacher! said...

I hear you Rebecca! I sometimes wonder if I walk in circles. I scrapbook. I try to go to Timeless Treasures in RSM once a month on a Friday night. They have open scrapbook nights. It is a wonderful break and I am doing something for my kids and something that I enjoy. I love taking pictures and putting them in an album. I also like to go for walks when I can. Enjoy your day on Sunday! Very exciting!

Laura said...

What's a hobby??? :-)I'm trying to get into the scrapbooking world, but I'm going to do it online. I guess exercising is a hobby. I still work a the Ocean Institute on occasions, so I suppose that's a hobby too. Your upcoming Sunday sounds amazing!!! HAVE FUN and RELAX!!!

Anonymous said...

glad you're all feeling better, can't wait to see you! i made a blog, yipee!

Kelly @ The Nourishing Home said...

As a part-time employee and full-time Mom (I am only at work when my kids are in school, praise be to God), I can relate to the unused spa gift certificaes and lack of time to pursue outside interests! It's good though to find some quiet time to yourself to do something that you wouldn't normally have time to do. I like make handmade cards. It's really fun and let's me be creative (even if I am just creatively copying a card I saw in a magazine or online) and the best part is when I can send them on to friends and family with a personal message and a scripture of encouragement. I hope you find something that allows you to get a little time to yourself. I know it can be hard, so hang in there! Much love, kel

The Stephens Family said...

I am so jealous. I hope you had a great time at the spa.