Saturday, June 30, 2007

Reminiscing- 6 years How Robby and I met!

Reminiscing- 6 years How Robby and I met! 4-12-07
Current mood: happy

Time to take a few minutes to think back a bit :) Tomorrow, it'll have been 6 years since my first date with Robby Millsap! I remember how he asked me out :) I was at work in El Segundo and he IMed me! He said we worked really close (Santa Monica is a little far from El Segundo) and that we should go out to lunch sometime. I said ok and he said "let's skip lunch and go to dinner and a movie instead"! That worked for me too! Now, we set our date for FRIDAY the 13th! I didn't really know Robby (at all) so I didn't know if this was a BIG prank he and the worship guys were playing on poor me, or if this was a genuine date! I came home from work and got ready to go out :) He arrived RIGHT on time, very prompt! I made sure to answer the door instead of making him come in and meet my family :) That can be overwhelming, 5 people!

He was very polite all evening! We had a nice dinner @ Black Angus where, I made sure to eat a TON of meat! (His ex was a vegetarian, something Robby knew he couldn't spend his life with). We then stopped by his nice 2 bedroom apartment that he shared with our worship leader and friend, Brian. Robby grabbed his jacket, we talked with Brian and his fiancee Angela for a few minutes, then we left for the movies :)

We saw "Joe Dirt"! Not the most romantic movie but, it was a first date :) Robby didn't even attempt to hold my hand! I began to wonder if he even liked me at this point!!!

After the movie, we went to Starbucks for coffee (which I don't drink). I had a hot chocolate ;) We then went back to his apartment to watch another movie and just visit. We ended up not watching the DVD and just took the opportunity to talk and get to know each other better.

I don't recall the time but sometime after 12- I got a call from my Dad asking if I was alright! Time had been flying by as we sat and talked :) I told him I'd be home later, we were out talking, I was fine :) Robby ended up taking me home at 4:00am that morning!!!

During the night, I had fallen in love. I looked deep into his beautiful blue eyes and could see his sweet heart :) I came home and told my Mom, "he's the one". Having dated a few people, my Mom was skeptical, but I was convinced that I could spend the rest of my life with Robby. I couldn't sleep I was so excited!

Not knowing Robby's dating history, i didn't know if he was a Joshua Harris doesn't believe in kissing Christian, or if he thought kissing was alright? I remember sitting next to him on his sofa and asking if he believed in kissing on the first date! I loured him in! :) Sparks flew and fireworks exploded haha :)

The next day (April 14th) I waited for him to call, no call! He popped online and asked if I'd like to go out Sunday evening after church, I said sure. Sunday was Easter and I spent the last holiday ever @ my grandparents house. Looking back, I wish I would have invited Robby since he and his roommate had Weinerschnitzel's for lunch! I remember going out for ice cream with my girlfriend Beka and couldn't talk about anything but Robby and our date!

Sunday evening, I played it cool. I waited for him to come talk to me, pretending like nothing had gone on between us the night before. He came up after church and asked if we were still on for dinner so I said sure. We went to Olive Garden, my favorite place to eat :) I wish I could remember his exact words, I was just in a state of shock that a guy could say them! He said something to the effect that he'd like for us to start a relationship with the intention of marriage! I'd been waiting my whole life for a guy to say that to me! I said, I think I can handle that! :)

That was it! September 17th, Robby proposed! He could hardly contain his excitement and even ran into the wall running to go get the ring! That still brings a huge smile to my face :)

02/02/02 we were married :) We just celebrated 5 years together!

I love my life :) I have a great husband, a wonderful daughter and a new baby on the way! We are truly blessed! God has fulfilled the desires of my heart :)

1 comment:

Chiara said...

I love the story of how you and Robby met. It was so sweet. Thanks for sharing!